Sunday, August 16, 2009

Grapevine Studies - review

For our Bible portion of school this year my family will be doing an Old Testament Overview from Grapevine Studies. The nice thing is, the study is available for different age levels. I got Level 3 for my 13-year-old daughter and Level 4 for my 16-year-old, and I will be able to use the same teacher's manual for both of them. I love being able to teach both girls at the same time, but at their own levels! (The student books are $28.95 each and the teacher book is $48.95, but for a limited time you can get a 30% discount. See details at the end of this post.) We got the e-book format, so we were able to print out the pages and put them in our own binders.

The Grapevine Studies website says, "Students will learn the Bible timeline and then study each point of the timeline by reading Scripture, stick figuring biblical accounts, and memorizing verses."

Since we haven't officially started school yet, we haven't gotten very far along in our study. My understanding is that my younger daughter will have some geography assignments in Level 3, while my older daughter will be looking up words in Bible study tools in Level 4. I anticipate that they will also learn from each other.

To start with, we began filling in the time-line with stick figures. The girls enjoy using colored pencils and adding their own flair to the simple drawings as we go along...

The girls also enjoy the hands-on element of being involved physically while they listen and discuss the Bible lesson. Me? I enjoy being able to provide that hands-on element without a lot of prep work or mess. I think it's going to be a great study!

Grapevine Studies are available for ages 5 and up, on a wide variety of different Bible topics... and for a limited time only they are offering a 30% discount to readers of Roads to Learning. Use discount code "crews" when you check-out. This code expires September 15, 2009.

Interested in reading more reviews about Grapevine Studies? Check out this post at the TOS Homeschool Crew blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP