Saturday, March 14, 2009

School Daze

Just now in my blog-hopping I happened upon this "Saturday 9" meme which I hadn't seen before. Today's topic is "School Daze" so I thought this would be a great one to post here on my new homeschooling blog! Click on the logo to visit other participants.

1. Do you have children in school?
Yes. My children are 13 and 16.

2. Did you go to public school? If you have children did/do they?
I did go to public school, except for 2 years. I went to a Christian school for most of 7th and all of 8th grades.

3. Are you currently in school or taking classes?
Not officially... but I never stop learning!

4. What level of education have you completed?
"Some college." I had a year of Bible college, a semester of university, and a few other odd courses here and there.

5. Do you, or did you have loans out for your (or your children's) education?
No. So far we've managed to pay for curriculum as we go along.

6. What are your thoughts on the cost of tuition for colleges and universities?
I honestly don't know how most people afford it.

7. Did school prepare you education wise for working in the real world?
In some areas I'm sure it did. I mean, it would be very hard to have a job without knowing how to read or having basic math skills! In other areas, there is no way school could take the place of life experience.

8. Did school prepare you emotionally for what lay ahead?
Hmm... I don't think so. Was it supposed to?

9. If you were to run a high school, what changes would you make?
I do run a high school! :-) I homeschool my children... and I do it just the way I think it ought to be done!

1 comment:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP